Monday 3 December 2018

Was this a plan by God?


In 2005 when I was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer there were no oncologists in Trinidad.
After the botched hysterectomy when she discovered the tumour, my doctor in Trinidad told me she was sorry.
She said she could do nothing for me and there was no doctor in Trinidad who could help me.
She said that if I had relatives abroad I should go abroad and find a doctor there because it was a matter of life and death.
My daughter was living in Miami and my husband called her.
She promised to check with her doctor for a good oncologist and she found one.
My daughter called back immediately and said that she made an appointment for me on Wednesday.
It was Friday.
My husband asked if I wanted to go on Saturday or Monday to Miami.
I needed more time for the botched surgery to heal and to sort out my thoughts.
I chose Monday.
The rest is history.
That was thirteen years ago.
I wrote I AM CANCER FREE in 2013.
Through sheer luck, and because I won contest entries four times in a row for best forum tips on Readers Favorite, I was able to enter four books for the awards
The four books, which all received five star reviews from Readers Favorite, and which I entered were:
I AM CANCER FREE
ZEEKA CHRONICLES
REVENGE OF ZEEKA: HORROR TRILOGY
HOW TO WRITE FOR SUCCESS

When the results were out on 1st September 2018 I learned that I AM CANCER FREE won an award in the category Health and Fitness, and ZEEKA CHRONICLES won an award in the category Young Adult Thriller.


My husband and I flew to Miami for the Awards Ceremony at the Regency Hotel in Miami held on 17th November 2018.

While seated in the ballroom of the hotel I realized that I was cured in Miami and was receiving an award in Miami for the book I wrote about my cancer experience and one other.
Maybe, it was all in God's plan.
I am the Founder of the Facebook Group HOW TO WRITE FOR SUCCESS and I run a Writers Empowerment program.
The group is affiliated to the Facebook group Motivational Strips.
I also do BOOK REVIEWS for members of the group.
If you wish to join here is the link. CLICK HERE
FOLLOW ME ON AMAZON. CLICK HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment