Wednesday 19 October 2016

Why I write Fiction

In the year 2000, four years before he passed away, my elder brother had written me a letter. Part of the letter contained the following:

“Your book makes very pleasant reading, and your literary expression is superb and easy to follow. You have an excellent talent, and I think you should follow up on a leisurely basis with perhaps publishing a book of short stories. With fiction, you will have greater opportunity to use your imagination and your undoubted descriptive ability. You used the word “fantasize” to create a situation. This is an outstanding quality, which you should continue to use because it is imagination, which disposes of everything, coming from within. It creates beauty, justice, and happiness, which are everything in this world.”

He was referring to my manuscript,"My Life as a Banker: A Life worth Living," which he had read. I published the letters I received from my brother in one of my books, "Your Time is Now," under the section "A Brother's Wisdom."
Unconsciously, I took my brother's advice. After publishing seven memoirs, I wrote three books of fictional short stories in 2014.
- Heart-Warming Tales, Stories People Love, Adventures of Squeaky Doo, and the Revenge of Zeeka series comprising four books which I wrote in 2016.



Adventures of Squeaky Doo: A Teddy Bear's Adventures was not really fictional. However, the stories were related by a Teddy Bear. In the real world, a Teddy Bear cannot speak or write so it has been termed fiction.
My brother is since deceased and I am happy that I still have his letters. You can read them in "Your Time is Now: A Time to be born and a Time to Die
Books are available at Amazon, Nook, Kobo, Apple, Page Foundry, 24 Symbols, Scribd, Tolino, Craete Space and barnes and Nobles.

No comments:

Post a Comment